If you’re sitting at a desk all day, you’re likely feeling the pain of not being able to exercise. Though it may be tougher to get a great sweat session in, there are still ways that you can work towards toning your muscles at your desk. And the best part? You can do it secretly so that nobody has to know!
Here are a few ideas on how you can work your muscles from the comfort of your own desk. You should aim to practice these at least 3 times a day, for 5 minutes each time.
- Raise your legs on the tips of your toes (while seated). Keep your legs here until the muscles start to burn. Rest, and repeat.
- Choose an area of your body, like your calves or your bum, clench, and hold for 10 seconds. Do this periodically throughout the day.
- Starting with both legs flat on the floor, raise one leg at a time until it touches the bottom of your desk. Repeat after each leg.
- Starting at a regular, upright seated position, rotate your upper body as far to one side as you can. Hold this position for 5-10 second and return to a seated position. Do the same, turning to the other direction. Repeat 5 times.
- Bring your palms together in front of the chest and push against each other. Feel your arm muscles flex. Hold for 20 seconds, then release. Repeat a few times.
- Raise both shoulders up towards the ears, hold for 5 seconds, then relax. Repeat 15 times.
- Press your palms against your forehead and push. Resist using your neck muscles. Hold for 5 seconds, then release. Now clasp your hands at the back of your head and push your head backward. Resist with your hands. Hold for 5 seconds, then release. Repeat 5 times.